[Freeswitch-users] Using outbound Event Sockets versus using embed language scripts

Herman Griffin herman.griffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:39:36 MSK 2011

Unless I'm complicating things, it seems like a drop to write outbound event
sockets apps versus writing embedded language apps. However, I'm interested
in writing event sockets apps because I can see an advantage in being able
to load balance the app by running you app behind a load balancer. One
simple thing that I am trying to accomplish is collecting digits and doing
something useful with string of digits that have been collected.

My first attempt at this is to use the play_and_get_digits dptool, but I
don't now how to pull data from stored variable so that I can use in the
script. I slightly modified the
freeswitch.git/libs/esl/perl/server2.plscript by adding this line:

$con->execute('play_and_get_digits', '2 5 3 7000 #
${base_dir}/sounds/en/us/callie/conference/8000/conf-pin.wav /invalid.wav
foobar \d+' );

The next thing that I'd like to do is grab the value in foobar is use it in
the perl logic.

Can someone lead me to the next step?
Does anyone with experience with event socket apps and embedded language
apps have some useful information about their preferred path?

Thanks,
Herman