[Freeswitch-users] which language to implement dial plans in?

Edward de Jong edward.dejong at voicecarrier.com
Fri Feb 18 09:17:47 MSK 2011

I am new to freeswitch, and wondering which of the many languages to implement my rather complex dial plan in. I know i can't express my desires in the normal XML language, because I need looping and database access, so which language is the best tested and most reliable in terms of usage with FreeSwitch. My finalists so far are Lua, Python, and good old C. Haven't used python or lua yet, but I figure C will have a big performance advantage.

but maybe not important considering how much greater the CPU load in the switch is devoted to handling audio streams...

edj