[Freeswitch-users] Auto test FS install - now necessary?

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Fri Feb 4 08:46:15 MSK 2011

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I've been seeing a lot of "I just updated
to latest git and X broke"
And that x is always something else...
I'm not a seasoned coder on this magnitude, but perhaps we can develop a
test suite (at least part of one) to test that a fresh install is
functioning?
A FULL test would probably be a huge undertaking and involve recqual for
testing media, too... Also, each mod would need to have it's own test suite.
Due to the rapid updating of FreeSWITCH this not be what you want to put
your effort into, but...
Thoughts?