[Freeswitch-users] Some questions regarding IPs and gateway

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Dec 23 02:07:18 MSK 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM, <georg at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> sorry for all the confusion I did:
>
> > On #1 - is that IP address for a NIC on the FreeSWITCH server itself or
> do
> > you have a firewall and have FreeSWITCH sitting behind it? I think if you
> > give us the specific details about your network layout that it would help
> > us help you.
>
> Its a IP associated to one nic of the server. No firewall involved. I've
> got five nics, with five nets associated:
>
> - eth0 -> 192.168.0.X [using this for cluster-communication]
> - eth1 -> 192.168.2.X [using this for cluster-communication]
> - eth2 -> static ip, rechable from the internet
> - eth3 -> 192.168.1.X [using this for the phones]
> - eth4 -> private MPLS net to my provider, using this for the SIP trunk
>
> I would like exclude eth0/eth1/eth2 from the configs. I found the acl.conf
> where I'm able to configure netmasks and stuff like this. I will try this,
> hope this is correct. Also I will bind FS to 192.168.1.X trough the local
> ip setting in vars.xml. Comments?

You want to set the IP address in the SIP profile. Remember, FreeSWITCH can
use multiple IP addresses and multiple ports, so it's not like Asterisk at
all in that respect. You control which IP/Port each SIP profile uses. If
you tell the SIP profile explicitly to use a specific IP address then
that's what it will use and will ignore the other NICs.

Note: You can also tell mod_event_socket to listen on a specific IP/Port
that is different than what your SIP profiles are listening on.

-MC