[Freeswitch-users] Calls failing using Second Life Viewer and Parcels

Jayden ormas at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 12 08:40:36 MSK 2011

Hi everyone,

I am new to Freeswitch and am a first time poster here so any help would be
much appreciated. I have tried to search for similar problems but have had
no success.

I have recently started using Freeswitch 1.0.head (2011-11-30) on Windows
because I had trouble compiling the source version obtained from git.  I am
using Opensim version 0.7.2 and Second Life Viewer 3.2.1 and I am using
parcels to restrict communication to certain areas.

The problem I am having is that when I move through parcels too quickly the
call will fail to reconnect to the Freeswitch service and at this point I
have not been able to find a way to reconnect without logging out and back
in to the second life client.  I realise this is not purely due to
Freeswitch, as when using Hippo Viewer (0.6.3) I seem to be unable to
"break" the connection in this manner, however Hippo Viewer is not an option
because it does not allow the viewing of mesh objects.

If anyone can suggest a way that I might be able to get around this by
either changing some Freeswitch configurations or Second Life settings that
would be great.  Otherwise, if there are any ways to simply reconnect to the
service without logging in and out of Second Life that would still be of
great help, as the project I am working on will be used as a training
simulation and logging in and out is not likely to be an acceptable solution
by the client.

If you would like to help and would like to see any console outputs just let
me know and I will try to provide them.

Thanks in advance,
Jayden