[Freeswitch-users] play and get digits with dynamic conference

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Dec 5 19:34:51 MSK 2011

I believe you just need to call play_and_get_digits (PAGD) prior to
dropping them into the conference. If I understand the question correctly,
the four-digits that the caller enters represents the "conference number"
or whatever you call it. You could do this:

<action application="play_and_get_digits" data="4 4 3 # plz_enter_conf.wav
invalid.wav digits \d+ 2000"/>
<action application="conference" data="${digits}-${domain}@default"/>

naturally you'll need to read up on PAGD so that you understand what all
that stuff is doing. Also, be sure to specify real sound files, not the
fake ones that I used. The ${digits} value is what the caller actually
dials. In a production environment you'll need to handle the scenario where
the caller never actually enters a valid 4-digit number.

-MC