[Freeswitch-users] How to save voicemail msgs to a db

Isaac Jurado ijurado at econcept.es
Tue Aug 30 19:43:02 MSD 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines
<chad at apartmentlines.com> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2011, at 2:35 PM, Isaac Jurado wrote:
>
>> For the record.  We intercept the storage-dir with a small FUSE
>> driver so we can store voicemails in a MongoDB/GridFS collection.
>
> how reliable have you found FUSE to be?  i'm considering doing a
> Lua-based FUSE binding to CouchDB for the same purpose, but i've had
> concerns that the approach wouldn't be as stable a a 'normal'
> filesystem; what's your experience been?

Well, we don't have load enough to find bottlenecks.  Neither we have
time to prepare a stress test.

Our implementation is a single python script that uses python-fuse and
pymongo.  Altogether, they seem to work concurrently (with threads) and
cooperate nicely.  Although everything is mostly IO bound, eventually we
may hit the GIL wall, in such case we will have to reconsider our
solution.

You may have better luck with Lua, in case you do threading, by using a
different interpreter instance per-thread (just like mod_wsgi does with
Python).

Cheers.

--
Isaac Jurado