[Freeswitch-users] rtp natting

Chris Martineau chris at ghosttelecom.com
Fri Aug 26 18:08:53 MSD 2011

Hi,

I am new to freeswitch and wish to bolt it into our existing network to
provide conferencing services.

Currently we just use an opensips/rtpproxy configuration for simple
proxy switching.

However looking at the features of freeswitch it seems to me that I
could replace my entire setup with just the freeswitch platform. Would
that be a fair comment?

If so then there a number of things that I am struggling to find clearly
defined in the documentation.

1.       Currently our rtp proxy scenario issues a port to come back on
but waits for incoming rtp packets to determine the exact port to return
rtp on when the caller is behind a nat. Does freeswitch do this, does it
need to be configured to work that way? Freeswitch would be on a public
address.

2.       Currently opensips stores all user info in a mysql database and
with 500000+ users is easy to manipulate. How do you deal with such a
large user database in a pure xml environment such as freeswitch?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards

Chris