[Freeswitch-users] Fidelio

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Tue Aug 2 17:42:43 MSD 2011

Hello all
If you have money to afford the certification process go ahead, at the
end you will get back the money if you see that you can put a hotel
solution based on FS in your local market.

I am new in FS world. I barely

I used to work with Alcatel-Lucent OXE (IP-PBX). First the OXE, by
itself, offer hotel funcionality: voicemail for guest, guest room admin
(ready/free, cleaning, occupied,etc), alarm clock (at the hour
programmed by the guest from their phone or for "hotel phone console" or
admin interfase; the phone ring), fax service, room billing (quite
different fron a normal cdr), etc, etc, etc. Second, OXE offer a
propetary protocol to make possible PMS like fidelio to interface with,
that means, Fidelio become the administrative interface, so from fidelio
control room status, services, etc.

So the first, do you have to adapt FS to offer a minimum of hotel
funcionality. Second about make a PMS-FS integration could be two
options or more: 1) adapt FS to PMS (using the integration doc); 2) many
pbx vendors offer info about their hotel link protocol for free (not
Alcatel), and are supported by fidelio like, OXE does, so you could
develop a interface that emulate an already supported hotel link towards
Fidelio and FS.

I have a question:  has someone work with FS to offer an hotel solution?

Atentamente,
*Dario García*
Consultor.

CCCT, Nivel C2, Sector Yarey, Mz,