[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: problem with transferring calls when using ivr

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Apr 29 20:49:40 MSD 2011

Bart,

Welcome to FreeSWITCH, the future of telephony! ;)

Okay, I want you to try something in your js. Everywhere that you see
"execute_extension" I want you to replace those with "transfer". Without
seeing call traces I can't know for sure, but I'm guessing that you are
"stuck in js" because of the execute_extension. Check the wiki for an
explanation of the difference between execute_extension and transfer. I'm
99% sure that your IVR actions need to be transfers.

NOTE: a "transfer" in the dialplan is different than someone pressing the
transfer key on their phone. I know it can be confusing, but you'll see the
nuances if you stick with it long enough. Welcome to the wonderful world of
telephony!

-MC