[Freeswitch-users] Out-of-memory problem (dmesg: [1950219.067153] Killed process 12772 (freeswitch))

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Wed Apr 27 13:37:03 MSD 2011

On 27 April 2011 18:27, Markus Mueller <freeswitch at priv.de> wrote:

> I am glad for any hits or suggestions!

I have also also had the oom-killer kill my freeswitch. Trouble is by the
time I get to the system, the problem has gone away, and I can restart
freeswitch without any problems.

On the last occasion I was getting flooded with incoming SIP REGISTER
packets, so I suspect that may have been the culprit at least this last time
(see archives).

(Not absolutely convinced this was an attack, it seem to stop immediately
after I restarted freeswitch, so maybe somebodies mis-configured system was
trying desperately to get a response, which wasn't going to happen while
freeswitch was dead? Still seems strange though that somebody would be
trying to contact my server...)

Haven't had any recent problems.
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>