[Freeswitch-users] conference play / stop / PAUSE/RESUME?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Apr 19 00:04:49 MSD 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> if you need this level of granularity, I suggest instead of the
> conference play stuff that is built in, that you use the originate
> command to call a new channel into the conference to play the file
> then use the uuid_fileman api command to manipulate the playback.

FYI,
I just added the basic uuid_fileman stuff to the wiki:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#uuid_fileman

I don't have actual examples yet - I just combed through the source code to
pull out the various commands that are available. For those who like to dig
into the source code: uuid_fileman in mod_commands.c is essentially a
wrapper/helper that calls switch_ivr_process_fh() from switch_ivr.c in the
core. The commands are all in that function. I was able to deduce most of
the args and their meanings by looking at the source code. If you have used
these functions and can contribute some simple examples that would be very
helpful.

Many thanks,
MC