[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail not to announce extension number

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Wed Sep 22 11:47:48 PDT 2010

Milena-2-2 wrote:

> mazilo, you're over complicating it;
Is that so? If I could change a single variable for VM announcer to announce
my number instead of the 4-digits extension, wouldn't it be simpler than to
record own voice as you detailed below?

-call your voicemail
> -press 5 for advanced options
> -listen to the menu and go to record a greeting
> -record whatever number greeting you want saying "hello, i'm unavailable,
> leave your msg" or something less informal
> -go to the advanced options menu again and press select greeting
> -select the one you just recorded
I thank you for the detail explanation. If I am interested in the above, I
wouldn't have posted here to start with.

now the ones calling you will hear something even better than an automated
> voice!!
Sorry, that's your opinion and it is different from mine.

now... if you still want to do it with automated voices, set a var (not sure
> if you also need to export it) with the destination number on the moment
> the
> initial call is done (the one that catches the XXX-XXXX-XXXX long number)
> then use that var.
This may be interesting. Obviously, I wouldn't know how to do this;
otherwise, I wouldn't post here to ask. So, can you go into detail on how to
do this, like you detailed the above explanation? I sure would appreciate
that if you could.

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.