[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH - how to enable channels like mod_skypopen for Yahoo, Google Talk?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:13:55 PDT 2010

Since it's SIP it'd be better using the mod_sofia stack to avoid
duplicating the code that already exists. The only issue is connecting
to Yahoo Messenger and authenticating to get a valid cookie to use.
That would need a lot of customisations to be made to mod_sofia.

The only library I can see out there to connect to Yahoo to generate
the cookies is libyahoo2. That's not an option though as it's GPL,
which isn't compatible with FreeSWITCH's MPL licence.

-Steve