[Freeswitch-users] OS X 10.6 - CORE_SOFTTIMER_MODULE.so & CORE_PCM_MODULE.so missing
mario_fs at mgtech.com
Mon Oct 25 09:58:18 PDT 2010
This is what I did Saturday and works. I have been refining this for a month. Will put on the wiki when cleaned I finish and clean it up.
Install FS on osX 10.6.4 as of October 23 2010 using git version
INSTALL APPLE SDK
Per Apple instructions
INSTALL GIT & CREATE SOURCE DIRECTORY
NOTE: This must be done before changing /usr/local owner or the installer won't create the files.
1. Download from: http://code.google.com/p/git-osx-installer/
2. It will launch an easy gui installer.
3. This install creates /usr/local if it did not exist.
CHANGE /usr/local OWNER & GROUP
1. Launch the Terminal application.
2. cd /usr
3. sudo chown -R yourid:yourgroup local <- required for editing
This is where we will place the source to all packages
1. cd local or cd /usr/local <- if not already there
2. mkdir src
INSTALL LIBJPEG NEEDED FOR SPANDSP:
IMPORTANT: Most searches will find libjpeg-6, DO NOT USE IT! It took
several hours of trying to load it on osx and never got it to work. V7
was a snap. See:
1. Download libjpeg at www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v7.tar.gz
2. Will download to Downloads directory.
3. Click to uncompress or tar zxvf jpegsrc.v7.tar.gz
4. cd Downloads
5. mv jpeg-7 /usr/local/src
6. cd /usr/local/src/jpeg-7
7. ./configure --enable-shared --enable-static
9. sudo makemake install <- need sudo because loaded into /usr/bin
1. cd src or cd /usr/local/src
2. Download git version of FreeSwitch:
git clone git://git.freeswitch.org/freeswitch.git
GENERATE FREESWITCH BASIC MODULES
This must be done to create modules.conf
1. cd freeswitch or cd /usr/local/src/freeswitch
2. ./bootstrap.sh <- Creates modules.conf
EDIT MODULES.CONF TO INCLUDE FUNCTIONS
1. Launch xCode from the SDK.
2. Use File/Open.. menu
3. While file window is open press command+shift+.(period) to view hidden files.
4. Navigate to and edit /usr/local/src/freeswitch/modules.conf
5. Search for flite and remove #.
6. If you want mp3 emails search for shout and remove #. <- Not recommended!
7. Save the file.
COMPILE FS TO CREATE ADDITIONAL DIRECTORIES AND TEST
This will create libs/flite and other files due to modules.conf changes.
1. cd freeswitch or cd /usr/local/src/freeswitch if not already there.
if you get "error: conflicting types for ‘swab’" then you must FIX FLITE
If no errors proceed to INSTALL FREESWITCH
FIX FLITE COMPILE PROBLEM (This may be fixed by the developers).
This is what is causing flite to fail during make. For info visit these URLs:
1. cp /usr/include/string.h /usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/flite-1.3.99/include
2. chmod +rw+rw+rw /usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/flite-1.3.99/include/string.h <- So you can update the file.
3. Launch xCode from the SDK.
4. Use File/Open.. menu
5. While file window is open press command+shift+.(period) to view hidden files.
6. Navigate /usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/flite-1.3.99/include and select file string.h
7. find "swab" twice and change line:
void swab(const void * __restrict, void * __restrict, ssize_t);
to (comment the line):
/*void swab(const void * __restrict, void * __restrict, ssize_t);*/
8. Save the file
9. make <- in the freeswitch directory to recompile.
1. cd /usr/local/src/freeswitch
2. make install <- note sudo not needed here
3. make cd-sounds-install
4. make cd-moh-install
On Oct 24, 2010, at 1:23 AM, Mark Duling wrote:
> I am a total freeswitch nubie. I use macports for everything I downloaded a snapshot tarball as as of yesterday and whipped up a freeswitch port to get it installed (using gmake etc), and it installed fine even with jingle support enabled and started up. But I get this message when starting -
> 2010-10-23 23:33:54.168320 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:926 Error Loading module /CORE_SOFTTIMER_MODULE.so
> **dlopen(/CORE_SOFTTIMER_MODULE.so, 6): image not found**
> 2010-10-23 23:33:54.168397 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:926 Error Loading module /CORE_PCM_MODULE.so
> **dlopen(/CORE_PCM_MODULE.so, 6): image not found**
> After looking through the archives just now I saw that the developers of freeswitch only recommend Apple's development tools. But I don't get any compile errors, yet those modules aren't built or installed, nor I can find any reference to them in the build output at all. Could anyone point me to what might be going on? I assume I need these modules -I could not make a test call with x-lite.
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> FreeSWITCH-users at lists.freeswitch.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FreeSWITCH-users