[Freeswitch-users] Loss of first second of media

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:10:09 PDT 2010

I've been trying out a few new termination providers, and am finding that
the first second of media is being lost.

I get early media (ringing), then when the call is answered the first half a
second to a second is lost, then the rest of the call is fine.

The engineers at one of the providers ran a sip trace and a full packet
trace, and it looked like everything was being delivered from the pstn to my
server. They said that none of their other customers have reported this
problem before.

I've tested connecting to pstn's in several different countries, with the
same results. I've used a couple of other termination providers in the past
(1 still in current use) which have been fine, but now have 2 that are
losing the first part of the media.

So it seems like it's specific to Freeswitch, with some subset of conditions
for some providers.

This is running on Ubuntu on a Amazon AWS server, in case that helps.

Any ideas how to narrow it down further?

Cheers,
Fraser