[Freeswitch-users] Remove rport from Via header

Nicolas Brenner nico at clickfono.com
Tue Oct 19 13:02:01 PDT 2010

Thanks for all the help.

The provider is a cellphone operator in my country, they usually don't
interconnect with anybody (at least not through SIP), but are giving us
access to this only because they want the calls from our service to be
routed directly to them.

Unfortunately I have no access to the router, we rent this server on The
Planet, but we have never had any problems like this with any other
provider, so I'm guessing this doesn't have to do with nat.

Anyway, I was finally able to solve this by setting transport to tcp instead
of udp on the gateway config with: <param name="register-transport"
value="tcp"/> Even though it's working fine now, I'm not that happy, because
I have no idea why it didn't work with udp. Well, hopefully the
provider/customer will be glad this got solved.

Again thanks to everyone for all the help. I'd be happy to answer any
questions if you are curious about this or have a similar problem.

Best,

Nico