[Freeswitch-users] Remove rport from Via header

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 07:45:10 PDT 2010

If the top of their standards are to make it work with asterisk, they
are clearly not very wise.

Are you using some kind of asymmetric nat? Why is it getting a random port?
Even with rport enabled it should be the true port the packet is seen
coming from and a return path should be expected the same way.

Check your router for asymmetric nat or SIP ALG features that you can
disable in it's config.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Nicolas Brenner <nico at clickfono.com> wrote:
> Didn't work. My problem is the following: I have a VoIP provider that when
> it gets an INVITE from FreeSWITCH, instead of replying to the originating
> port (5080), it replies to a random port, and of course FreeSWITCH doesn't
> get the reply, so it keeps sending the same INVITE until it times out, even
> though the call is actually made and the call status is reported by the
> provider, although to some random port where nothing is listening. I talked
> to the provider and they are not going to change any config, but told me it
> works fine with Asterisk and told me to "disable rport and nat". Only
> there's no explicit option to disable nat (like nat=no on Asterisk's
> sip.conf) nor to remove the rport parameter from the Via header (which I'm
> trying to figure out if it would solve the problem and make the provider's
> SIP server reply to the originating port).
>

> 2010/10/19 David Ponzone <david.ponzone at ipeva.fr>
>>
>> Nicolas,
>> you may try to set sip_via_rport in the dialplan, but I don't know if this
>> will work.
>> I suppose it depends on what you are trying to defeat.
>> David Ponzone  Direction Technique
>> email: david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
>> tel:      01 74 03 18 97
>> gsm:   06 66 98 76 34
>> Service Client IPeva
>> tel:      0811 46 26 26
>> www.ipeva.fr  -   www.ipeva-studio.com
>> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à
>> l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion
>> non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible
>> d'altération. IPeva décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il
>> a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce
>> message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et d'avertir l'expéditeur.
>>

>> Le 19/10/2010 à 14:51, Nicolas Brenner a écrit :
>>
>> Hello, I need to either remove the rport parameter from the Via header on
>> an initial invite or set its value to a specific port. I've looked through
>> the mailing archives and the wiki but I haven't found anything. I appreciate
>> any help or pointers I can get, thanks.
>>
>> Nico

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/