[Freeswitch-users] Can uPNP be turned off?

Mario mario_fs at mgtech.com
Wed Oct 13 09:56:08 PDT 2010

The router (Linksys RV042) has a problem that caused me grief with FS: I
use dual wan, 1 static and 1 dynamic DSL. It turned out uPNP only works
for the dynamic ip. If I turn off dynamic then uPNP does not allow FS to
get the nat info for the static line. But if I have both wans active/on
and sip traffic goes out the static uPNP reports the dynamic as the
public address! This messes up the ITSP and looks like what caused FS to
stop incoming calls after several hours.

What drove me nut is: I did not think this was involved because my
Linksys SPA9000/400 SIP PBX has no trouble with the same dual wan setup.
Thanks a lot for answering but until I figure out how to dual wan FS or
replace the RV042 with something better the autonat:1.2.3.4 looks like
it fixed the problem, need more hours to test. Thanks again. Mario

On 10/13/2010 08:38 AM, Rupa Schomaker wrote:
> Mario,
>
> Does your router have the ability to show current NAT mappings that are
> setup via UPNP?  If so, can you verify that it's (router's) table
> matches the mappings that FS thinks are setup (nat_map status)?
>  Freeswitch is supposed to periodically refresh the nat mappings but
> maybe there is some weird issue with your particular router.
>
> There are also some test programs in libs/miniupnpc which can query your
> router's UPNP table if the router itself can't show it.
>
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Mario <mario_fs at mgtech.com
> <mailto:mario_fs at mgtech.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks, I saw that in the wiki and was going to try it next. But after
>     adding autonat:1.2.3.4 looks like last nights test is ok now, I am
>     hoping the problem is fixed. FS would work fine first 4-9 hours then
>     stopped answering incoming. Funny thing, no problem like this with the
>     SPA9000 for 2 years using 2 DSL connections. Thanks again.
>

> --
> -Rupa

*Mario*