[Freeswitch-users] Simulate a Collect Call behaviour

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Nov 17 09:43:55 PST 2010

Rodrigo,

Yes, this is possible in FreeSWITCH. (I'm guessing it's possible in
Asterisk, too, but I don't know enough about * to say definitively.)

The ideal situation is to use the "group_confirm" behavior that you
mentioned and let party B press a key to accept the call. However, if you
need the specific behavior of party B staying on the line and having party A
automatically connect if B does not hangup then this will require a bit of
programming. You could accomplish it with a mix of XML dialplan, phrase
macros, and a dp script written in Lua, Perl, or Javascript. (Depending upon
how simple the process is you might not even need a script.)

I'd recommend writing up the exact call flow in simple terms and then
building the dialplan in small steps. Also, you could join #freeswitch on
irc.freenode.net and get some realtime assistance. I think people would be
willing to help you if you agreed to put your example on our wiki. :)

-MC