[Freeswitch-users] Multimple aliases for one user id

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 04:28:21 PDT 2010

When a call arrives it fires a HTTP request to your web server. That
contains details such as the destination_number. Your script then
dynamically generates a dialplan, which can be much shorter than a
static one (just the extension(s) you want to execute). Every call
generates its own dialplan.

In this case your script would look up the destination number in a
database to find the user id and generate an extension that bridges to
that user. Or some other action is the number is unknown.

mod_xml_curl can also generate a user directory, where a HTTP request
is fired when a user tries to authenticate. The intelligence in your
script then decides if they're a valid user, generates the password
for FS to check against, and generates all the stuff you'd find in the
user entry like variables.

-Steve