[Freeswitch-users] Recommendations for adapter replacement ...

David Ponzone david.ponzone at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:43:35 PDT 2010

If you want a fax on one line, you plan to use fax over G711 or T38 ?
As far as I know, the PAP2T does not have T38.
Fax over G711 is known to be quite unreliable.

You should look at Audiocodes and Patton.
Both of those vendors are known to produce good devices, although I
remember someone saying that the analog devices from Audiocodes were
not as good as the digital ones.

If you really need fax, even T38, you should not have a fixed price
cutoff.
You should rather try all the boxes on the market, and if you'are
lucky enough to find one working with your gateway (not with FS, FS is
transparent for that), stay with that and hope the vendor won't stop
making it.
I was successful with the little M-ATA from Patton (that's actually an
OEM) for T38.

David Ponzone  Direction Technique
email: david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
tel:      01 74 03 18 97
gsm:   06 66 98 76 34

Service Client IPeva
tel:      0811 46 26 26
www.ipeva.fr  -   www.ipeva-studio.com

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis
à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou
diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est
susceptible d'altération. IPeva décline toute responsabilité au
titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si
vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire
immédiatement et d'avertir l'expéditeur.