[Freeswitch-users] No UPNP/NAT-PMP, no STUN! How can i make calls between two NAT?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Mar 11 12:45:40 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:25 PM, arliyardo <arliyardo at gmail.com> wrote:

> my scenario like this:
>
> PHONE1->FS (192.168.0.4) -> NAT1 (Public IP 1.2.3.4) -> INTERNET -> NAT2 (Public IP 5.6.7.8) -> PHONE2 (192.168.1.100)
> First, I have forwarded sip port and rtp port.
> I have try servaral configurations in http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/General_NAT_example_scenarios and without luck!
>
> PHONE2 only regists to FS, how can FS gets through NAT2 to PHONE2, include sip signaling and rtp connection ?
>

> The key here is that you have two devices that can totally mess with your
SIP and RTP: NAT1 and NAT2. What are these two devices? Secondly, what kind
of phone is PHONE2? Some phones work better than others. Third, have you
captured the SIP traffic behind each NAT device to see what's going on? You
won't be able to fix the problem until you actually find out what the
problem is and where it is happening. For the record, I've done this kind of
thing using X-Lite and Snom 300's as the PHONE2 in your example, so I know
it is possible. The trick is making sure that your NAT devices have their
SIP ALG's turned off. Check this page to see if you have one of these
devices:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/ALG

-MC