[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch & SNMP ( again , but with a difference )

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 00:38:27 PST 2010

has anyone done any work on getting SNMP monitoring of freeswitch ??

from looking at some other emails about this, it seems that there is not a
heap of desire ( from developers point of view )
to have a FS SNMP module.   Ive also noticed most requests for this type of
monitoring are directed to ESL.

so my thought,  has anyone done any work on building a script / module for
NET-SNMP ( http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/ )
that uses ESL to fetch its data.

so we would run snmpd on our FS boxes, with the FS-ESL module ( or script )
loaded into snmpd.
from there SNMP requests would be handled by snmpd and the data would then
be pulled over ESL directly from freeswitch.

this seems like a decent solution that would not risk stability of FS by
introducing yet another module.

so I guess my question here is, has anyone done something like this ?
what do you all think of this idea ?
is there anyone who would like to contribute to this idea or offer other
suggestions.

oh yea, and why SNMP..  I duno...
SNMP is just so easy to integrate into other monitoring systems.

--
Sincerely

Jay