[Freeswitch-users] Your Security Best Practices

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jun 17 16:21:27 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Sergey Okhapkin
<sos at sokhapkin.dyndns.org>wrote:

> The security related problems were discussed on almost every soft switch
> mailing lists I'm watching. And the outcome was (in plain English which
> Americans do not understand) - never provide working configuration samples
> in
> the softswitch distribution :-( Let the end user build the configuration.

I don't know that I agree with such an extreme view. Better to give them an
example of a locked-down config than to let them flounder on their own and
possibly make something horrible. That being said, anyone using FS in the
enterprise *SHOULD* consult a security professional to make sure that
everything on their LAN/WAN is up to snuff.

-MC