[Freeswitch-users] Issue in fifo

Abubacker siddiq abu.4000 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 00:13:23 PDT 2010

Yeah , I agree with you mike the reason why I go for the outbound was I need
to tell the position
in the fifo to the customer , and update its status periodically ,
for example :
consider already 3 members are waiting in the queue named A,B,C
when the D customer calls I should announce him that his position is 4 ,
when the A has been answered and hangup then I should announce the D as his
position
is 3. like wise I should announce for the B and C too.

the announcement should have to be done periodically .

Is this possible using this fifo_music or chime_list ?

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> you don't need socket at all to play regular messages to the waiting
> callers.  Using outbound sockets AND fifo doesn't really make any sense at
> all.  Check out the wiki for more information how to correctly configure
> mod_fifo:
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_fifo#Setting_MOH_and_announce_sounds
>
> Mike
>

> On Jun 17, 2010, at 1:01 AM, Abubacker siddiq wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >            I am facing problem in fifo while running that using outbound
> sockets in an async mode,
> > it seems like connecting with the agents but no voice trasmission happens
> between them ,
> > please let me know if some body faced this issue already , and also give
> me a suggestion
> > whether it is ok to run the fifo using outbound sockets.
> >
> > my main requirement is to play a file with a regular intervals for a
> waiting customers ,
> > Thanks in Advance !

BEST REGARDS
N.ABUBACKER