[Freeswitch-users] trunk between two FreeSwitch server

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 08:26:51 PDT 2010

You could try running OpenVPN through the SOCKS proxy, that would then let
you run any TCP and UDP connections you wanted through between the FS hosts
via the VPN.

However it'll all be running on top of a TCP connection and you should
expect poor quality as a result. SIP won't have any issues, but RTP is
designed to use UDP so that it can continue sending without waiting for a
reply. Doing so on top of TCP will mean that packets won't get sent until
the TCP layer has acknowledged receiving the previous data. You won't get
any packet loss but you will introduce extra delays which may degrade the
voice quality (either a lag, or cutting in & out). I would avoid it if at
all possible.

-Steve