[Freeswitch-users] trunk between two FreeSwitch server

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Thu Jul 29 07:32:35 PDT 2010

Is there any way to run a trunk between two FS servers where the ONLY
connection method would be through a SOCKS proxy?

Imagine a situation where an FS server, lets call it 'west', is at an
organisation which does not allow direct access to the Internet but does
allow outbound TCP access through a SOCKS server.

I'd like to be able to get calls in to 'west' from another FS server,
lets call this one 'east', but those calls from 'east' would have to be
trunked into 'west' via a connection originated from 'west' through the
SOCKS proxy.

Thinking on the hoof - I suppose I *might* be able to create some TCP
tunnels on an SSH connection, but I have no idea how I'd get FS to push
RTP through them.

Thanks for your thoughts.