[Freeswitch-users] Howler - Gone?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Jul 21 08:01:32 PDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 09:39 AM, Fernando Romo wrote:
> Well... Could Sangoma make a "Conversion program" to the ex howler
> customers?
>
> Best Regards... Fernando "El Pop" Romo

I suppose they might, but I can't see any commercial incentive for them
to do so. Sangoma now has the only card that does a decent number of
channels, so they face no competition for larger users. For smaller
users (i.e. potential Digium TC400B card buyers) transcoding on the main
CPU makes more sense these days. The latest 8 core Xeons should be good
for over a thousand channels of G.729A transcoding.

Steve