[Freeswitch-users] sip_profiles - Aliases Question

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil lawwton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 21:00:21 PST 2010

mm_202:

Thanks for the reply.

I don't agree with your statement: "In a production system, you
*shouldnt* have to change the main profiles at all."

I think it's always good to be able to reload things dynamically in a
non-disruptive way.

The alias is a bit unusual. To be honest I had never seen that before
in any of the Telecommunication Systems I've worked on. Not that is
not a good idea, just one that at first glance doesn't seem too clear
for some reason. Specially when you see two profiles both representing
the same object listed under "sofia status". Being forced to have the
alias doesn't seem like an appealing option, should be optional I
think. I would like if possible a more detailed explanation on what
would break if not present.

In any case, I am sure there is a reason for these things. I am trying
to understand how they all work together. Things are not as apparent
in FS at first glance when compared to other systems; but the platform
seems to be built with the purpose of offering a lot of flexibility
which is really good.

Appreciate the feedback.

Alfredo Q-V

Appreciate the help,