[Freeswitch-users] sip_profiles - Aliases Question

mm_202 mastermind202 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 19:35:28 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil <
lawwton at gmail.com> wrote:

> mm_202:
>
> Appreciate the response. So, essentially what that means is that there
> is no way to reload changes unless we do a restart which will drop
> calls? I apologize before hand for saying this; but that's really
> really bad when you have a production server to which changes are made
> sometimes through out the day, new turnups/disconnects, etc...
>
> I actually just did the following test:
>
> a) Made sure I removed the alias from my internal profile. Verified it
> was gone with "sofia status"
>
> b) Edit the internal.xml file again and reset the flag to true for the
> alias.
>
> c) Ran: sofia profile internal rescan  reloadxml
>
> I received the expected message about the alias being added:
>
> freeswitch at internal> 2010-01-16 22:17:49.778272 [INFO]
> switch_time.c:812 Timezone reloaded 530 definitions
> 2010-01-16 22:17:49.778272 [DEBUG] sofia.c:2252 Duration out of
> bounds, using default of 2000!
> 2010-01-16 22:17:49.778272 [NOTICE] sofia.c:1804 Adding Alias
> [192.168.1.148] for profile [internal]
>
> d) I then edited the file again and set the flag again to false
>
> e) I then re-ran: sofia profile internal rescan  reloadxml again to
> find out that the alias is not removed this time around. In other
> words, the alias is only added with a re-scan after the flag is set to
> true. It's not removed with rescan if the flag is set to false.
>
> So, two big concerns now:
>
> 1- If there is no way to reload things dynamically without disrupting
> service, is this by design? Specially the sip_profiles part, that's
> really important.
>
> 2- Why are the a-e) steps above partially working, it might seem at
> first glance that sofia profile internal rescan  reloadxml should do
> what it says, to re-scan for new changes and load them for that
> profile. Is this a bug or this is by design?
>
> All:
>
> Feel free to keep me honest here and let me know if I am doing
> something wrong since I just started playing with FS today.
>
> Appreciate the help,
>
> Alfredo
>
> That command
>
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:39 PM, mm_202 <mastermind202 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil
> > <lawwton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Appreciate the response Mike.
> >>
> >> That's a little different than everything I've seen in other systems.
> >> I don't want to be forced to display 3 different profiles when in
> >> reality one is just an alias name. It says alias and all; but I find
> >> that a bit repetitive, specially if I remove it and it breaks things.
> >>
> >> When a change is made on one of the sip_profiles, take internal.xml
> >> for example where I changed a parameter from true to false. What
> >> command needs to be ran to reload the changes (non-disruptive).
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> Alfredo

> the
> [...]

Alfredo,

In a production system, you *shouldnt* have to change the main profiles at
all.
When adding / removing gateways, you can use 'sofia profile [profilename]
rescan',
that will not drop calls, only if you run 'reload'.

As far as why the rescan adds the alias but doesnt remove it, I would say
that is by design.
That way you cant 'break' anything if your dialplan is using that alias.
But someone more
experienced than me may have a better / more accurate answer.

-- mm_202.