[Freeswitch-users] Possible typo on Openzap.conf wiki page specifying fxs/fxo-channels

François Legal devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Wed Feb 24 01:25:20 PST 2010

Well, I am the guy who made the modification in the wiki.

I use sangoma card and the openzap file is generated by the Setup script
from sangoma driver.
It seems that the terminology used by zaptel is not used in wanpipe
configuration.

I have an A400 card with an FXO module (providing ports 11 and 12) and an
FXS module (providing ports 9 and 10)

My openzap.conf is like this :

[span wanpipe FXS]
name => Analog phone 1
number => 9000
fxs-channel => 1:9
name => Analog phone 2
number => 9001
fxs-channel => 1:10

[span wanpipe FXO]
name => POTS line 1
number => 1234567890
fxo-channel => 1:11
name => POTS line 2
number => 0987654321
fxo-channel => 1:12

About the name and number, this is what I get here by observation :
If I make a call from channel 1:9 and the diaplan do not modify the CID
variables, the called person see "Analog Phone 1" as CID name and 9000 as
CID number.
On the other hand, if I receive a call on channel 1:11, the "channel_name"
variable raised in the diaplan would be openzap/2/1/1234567890 (I guess
here that if number is not specified, I would get openzap/2/1). Moreover
(still this is by observation) if the carrier does not send CID (to be
precise, I mean no modulation is received) the CID name and number raised
in diaplan on incoming calls are set to name and number from openzap.conf

I hope this is clear enought

François