[Freeswitch-users] Possible typo on Openzap.conf wiki page specifying fxs/fxo-channels

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Tue Feb 23 15:24:31 PST 2010

On 24 February 2010 04:48, Robert Hadley <robert.hadley at teotech.com> wrote:
> On the http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Openzap.conf_Examples wiki page, is
> there a typo in the wanpipe /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/openzap.conf example
> concerning specifying the fxo-channel vs. fxs-channel?

I agree. The first example looks correct to me; the 2nd example looks wrong.

See the table I created to try and explain what term to use where:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/OpenZAP#FXO.2FFXS_Terminology

In the examples you quoted, ports 1 and 2 are extension ports, so are
FXS ports, but should be defined as FXO ports in openzap.conf.

Ports 3 and 4 are telephone line ports, so are FXO ports, but should
be defined as FXS ports in openzap.conf.

I have only used zaptel myself, however I suspect the same applies to wanpipe.
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>