[Freeswitch-users] openzap TDM400 card

Russell Mosemann Russell.Mosemann at cune.org
Sun Feb 21 03:55:28 PST 2010

Brian May wrote:

> Ports 1 & 2 are FXS, but use FXO signalling. So, yes I do plug a phone
> into these.
> Ports 3 & 4 are FXO, but use FXS signalling. So I plug the phone line
> into these.

Maybe a better way to think about it is that Zaptel is looking at the remote end, because it is interested in what signals might be received. FS is looking at the local end, because that is what FS has to manage. If Zaptel is expecting the remote end to be FXO (office phone), then FS is managing an FXS (subscriber signaling).

--
Russell Mosemann