[Freeswitch-users] openzap TDM400 card

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Sat Feb 20 14:08:05 PST 2010

On 20 February 2010 22:25, Russell Mosemann <Russell.Mosemann at cune.org> wrote:
> I believe it is, with the specific error you mention, "Cannot get a RING_START event on a non-fxo channel".

That error was clear. I was able to solve the issue when I saw that,
without having to look up the documentation in fact.

Only I spent ages before I received this error, trying to debug the
other ports with the phone lines connected. These ports didn't give
any errors, except for stuff I can ignore. Based on the other

Lets see if I have got this correct:

Ports 1 & 2 are FXS, but use FXO signalling. So, yes I do plug a phone
into these.
Ports 3 & 4 are FXO, but use FXS signalling. So I plug the phone line
into these.

I will update the wiki, but there is still one part I don't
understand, see the example at the end here:

<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Openzap.conf.xml_Examples>

I assume ports 1&2 (with 3-way and moh set) are the FXS ports that use
the FXO signalling? i.e. the same numbering as what I have?

Do I really need to set moh for every line in this file?

Looking at the openzap part of the wiki, the only thing I see related
is "I didn't understand why we have to swap the channel numbers for
FXS and FXO." There is also a link to
http://unixtoys.ca/wordpress/2008/09/freeswitch-and-tdm-hardware-pots-fxofxs/
which looks like it would have helped but unfortunately the link
appears to be broken. Am going to try and update these issues now.
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>