[Freeswitch-users] Mod_Conference capacity....

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:38:06 PST 2010

On 13 February 2010 22:07, Peder <peder at networkoblivion.com> wrote:
> Instead of complaining about this, why don't you benchmark it yourself on
> your hardware and post your results on the wiki for others to see in the
> future?  Anybody can edit and add info to the wiki.
>
> By the way, if you stay on the list for any length of time you will see that
> about once a week, someone says "I want to do load testing, please tell me
> how", or "I did a load test and didn't get x calls per second, why".  I'm
> not even involved in the development of this project and it gets old seeing
> that same question over and over again.  Really, the standard answer should
> be "there is no software limit, it depends on your hardware".  If you want
> to know the limits of your setup, test it and see what it is.

Did you read any of this thread at all? The OP asked about techniques
to benchmark his kit, and any rough
figures. The projects answer was to hire them for some commercial
support. So anything I post on the wiki is not
official. My suggestion is merely to put the official project stance
on any benchmark questions or post to the
wiki some tips on how to run your own tests with a link to getting
them verified by the team via the commercial
support.

In no way am I complaining, just trying to get this cleared up for the
next time someone asks. That's the whole
point of docs and why I enjoy writing them. Write them once and refer
people to them, fixing doc bugs along the
way.

Gavin.

--
http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/