[Freeswitch-users] Briding two sip-trunks

Ralph Eckhard ralph at eckhard.nl
Thu Dec 30 01:26:23 MSK 2010

Hi there,

I'm trying to use FreeSwitch to connect my MS Lync (previously OCS) to a
SIP-trunk. Problem is that Lync only works using TCP-based trunks, while
my SIP-provider uses UDP.

I understand that by using FreeSwitch I can bridge these two protocols.

I installed FreeSwitch on my Lync server and configured both the
external (to sip-provider) and internal (to Lync) sip profiles. These
both work; when i dial in from remote to a DDI on my trunk, i can see
the incoming call in the FS CLI. Same goes for outgoing calls; when
dialing a number from my lync-client, the FS CLI logs the call.

Now, what do i config to bridge the two trunks? I don't need any extra
extensions or otherwise, all call handling is done by Lync. All calls
coming in from my external sip trunk need to be forwarded to my internal
sip, and all calls originating from my internal sip need to be forwarded
to my external sip trunk.

Thanks in advance ;)

Ralph