[Freeswitch-users] collecting dtmf digits

Sam u2nsam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 06:29:40 MSK 2010

hi,

Its not an XML IVR but trying to collect digits when the user punches in
some digits after a playback sound file,
so that the digits would get stored into $(digits) and i can use those
digits for further processing or transferring
to other dial-plan as per the digits punched in.

Suppose a digits punched are 4567, I collect them in $(digits) and by
transfer function i do the transfer.

<action application="transfer" data="$(digits) default XML"/>

Also i could see that in IVR.conf can do this by pressing 4567 and executing
a statement , but here also question
is how can i use it by storing those collected digits in an variable and the
using it further.

I was thinking how in both the cases it could be done.

Thnx & Regds
Sam