[Freeswitch-users] originate call generates weird noise and freezes phone

Sébastien Frippiat sfrippiat at dti-be.com
Mon Dec 13 18:23:02 MSK 2010

Hello.

I was using FreeSwitch from 2010/09/09 (don't have the exact git version
sorry) but I recently updated it with version from 2010/12/09
(git-e680c82 2010-12-09 08-59-06 -0600). I run an application that
handles web requests and convert them to originate calls. Everything was
working fine but now, anytime I try an originate call, everything goes
wrong.

Here is what I do (to originate a call from 26 to 27):
- bgapi originate {{parameters }}sofia/internal/26% 27
   with the following parameters:
     origination_caller_id_name='{0}',
     origination_caller_id_number='{1}',
     originate_timeout=20,
     effective_caller_id_name='{2}',
     effective_caller_id_number='{3}',
     allow_outside_calls={0},
     outside_calls_gateway={1}
   (the last two parameters are user parameters I use in my dialplan)
- phone 26 starts ringing and I pick it up (silence on the line)
- phone 27 starts ringing and I pick it up (lots of deafening noise +
phone freezes after a few seconds)

As I said, it was working fine with version from early september. I did
not find anything useful in the logs or in the config. Has anything
changed ? What can I do to solve this problem ?

I tested with a Grandstream GXP2000 and a SNOM M3 and only the
Grandstream has the problem. I suspect a codec issue but what puzzles me
is that it was previously working and that it completely freezes the phone.

Thanks,
Sebastien