[Freeswitch-users] drops calls in the first 60 seconds

Aloysius Lloyd lloyd.aloysius at sunteltech.ca
Thu Dec 9 21:57:47 MSK 2010

Brian,

In the current scenario Asterisk and Aastra phones working smoothly without
any additional settings.
All I need to enter username , password and sip server address.

But FreeSWITCH and Aastra phone - I need to enter username , password , sip
server address , rport enable. *Without rport enabled, phone never register
to FreeSSWITCH.*

Why FreeSWITCH and Nat behaving like this? What is difference between
FreeSWITCH NAT and Asterisk NAT.

I do not want to go back Asterisk. I want to educate myself. Also want to
switch more customers to FreeSWITCH.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Lloyd