[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Aug 20 16:57:00 PDT 2010

<snip>

> You wrote in your reply to Woody: "Do you hear yourself btw?" I can ask
> you the same question: Do you hear yourself? You act as if some subjects
> are taboo in this list.

Taboos aren't really the issue. Spending valuable time and energy in
unfruitful debates is an issue.

> > If you decide to reply again, please limit the length of your post.
> >

> Now it is the size of my posts that troubles you? I've seen longer posts
> in the list and you didn't complain.

Brevity is the essence of communication - I highly recommend it.

> Perhaps you should add a size restriction directive in the mailing list
> policy, along with a "no performance questions allowed" directive. That
> should clear things up significantly.

Would you be willing just to let the subject go? I think everyone is tired
of this thread.

-MC

P.S. - Just a clarification: Using SIPp is a "fake" test to do
200/400/600/xxx calls per second. Getting thousands of actual humans making
actual calls is a "real" test. In other words, since SIPp can only do so
much its test results are of limited value in the real world.