[Freeswitch-users] outbound call with hunting number as the originating caller

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 12 12:00:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Neil Patel <neilp at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an app running on FS making outbound calls over a PRI line. The
> calls all caller-id at the endpoints with the PRI's pilot number. Say I
> wanted to change it so that the endpoint receives the call from one of the
> block of hunting numbers that my line comes with (instead of the
> primary/pilot number), how do I originate a call to do that? Here's the
> command on fs_cli that I'm trying, that doesn't seem to work:
>
> > originate {destination_number=XXXXXXXXXX}openzap/smg_prid/a/YYYYYYYYYY at g2&echo

Neil, use "origination_caller_id_number=xxx" like this:

> originate
{origination_caller_id_number=1234567890,destination_number=XXXXXXXXXX}openzap/smg_prid/a/YYYYYYYYYY at g2&echo

NOTE: The telco must support custom sending of "calling party number"
sometimes called CPN. It won't hurt to try it, though, so give it a whirl
and let us know.

-MC