[Freeswitch-users] outbound call with hunting number as the originating caller

Neil Patel neilp at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 12 01:45:18 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I have an app running on FS making outbound calls over a PRI line. The calls
all caller-id at the endpoints with the PRI's pilot number. Say I wanted to
change it so that the endpoint receives the call from one of the block of
hunting numbers that my line comes with (instead of the primary/pilot
number), how do I originate a call to do that? Here's the command on fs_cli
that I'm trying, that doesn't seem to work:

> originate {destination_number=XXXXXXXXXX}openzap/smg_prid/a/YYYYYYYYYY at g2&echo

Not sure which channel var(s) I should be setting, or even if that's the way
to make this work. Maybe it's up to my PRI service provider to provide this
functionality? In case it matters, I am hosting two PRIs on Sangoma
hardware, here is my openzap.conf:

[span wanpipe smg_prid]
name => smg_prid
trunk_type =>e1