[Freeswitch-users] Serious and urgent problem with DTMF! Please help...

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:02:22 PDT 2010

hi there,

at the moment we have a serious and urgent problem with transmitting
dtmf-inputs in the right way from one endpoint through fs to another
endpoint. we are not very shure, if the problem is on our or on the
carriers side.

digits send through fs from one side to another are not received
correctly. is there someone who could help us (quite quickly)?

we are receiving the dtmf-signals on fs as RFC-2833. our fs-setting
are the following:

<param name="rfc2833-pt" value="101"/>
<!--<param name="dtmf-type" value="rfc2833"/>-->
<param name="dtmf-type" value="info"/>
<param name="dtmf-duration" value="100"/>

- we are receiving a call and we connect to another side through fs.
- the caller enters the following dtmf-digits: 987654321.
- fs receives the dtmf-inputs absolutely correctly !!!
- the target receives the following dtmf-digits: 98877665543321

it is important to say, that the call comes over the "normal
phone-line" (or what ever a phonecall is called, which does not come
over voip - landline?). per VOIP (cirpack) our fs-servers receive this
call/dtmf-inputs and then we send the call to the target over the
"normal phone-line".

does anybody have a clue where our problems might be?
what could we do to find out more about this probleme? where could we debug?

thanks a lot
dennis