[Freeswitch-users] CentOS 5.x and Python 2.6: segmentation fault importing ESL

Neil Patel neilp at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 10 00:12:16 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I am using Python 2.6 on my CentOS installation, installed in parallel to
the standard Python 2.4. I've compiled FS's python ESL module using 'make
pymod', but the ESL python module causes a segfault when I try to import it
in Python 2.6 (imports fine in 2.4). I'm guessing this is because the ESL
module was compiled for Python 2.4. How do I change the ESL config/makefiles
to compile for 2.6? I'm not familiar with SWIG, is there some configuration
I need to change with it to use python2.6 executable?

Thanks,
Neil