[Freeswitch-users] we are under attack

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 01:19:43 PDT 2010

THIS : http://etel.wiki.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/SIP_DoS/DDoS_Mitigation
also works quite well for these attacks..

they wont stop the brute force ( you will need to configure fail2ban for
that )
but this will setup iptables to rate limit any sip connections, so your pc
wont get that loaded.

you can thank Kristian Kielhofner ( a member of the FS community ) for that
neat little script :)

maybe we can copy that script ( Kristian ?? ) to the Freeswitch wiki..
( with a few modifications )..

be careful of the STOP command on that script its defective !
( and will wipe all firewall rules, especially dangerous if you drop all by
default )

Jay

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Jan Berger <jan.berger at video24.no> wrote:

> 1) It stucks on one CPU even I have 2 core since sofia-sip is single
> threaded ?
>
> Your FS uses a single process, and the operating systems need multiple
> processes to fully utilize multiple cores. It's major difference between
> threads and processes on this.
>
> Jan

Sincerely

Jay