[Freeswitch-users] FS with Red5 Streaming-Server (RTMP-Stream)

Christopher Rienzo cmrienzo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 19:53:03 PDT 2010

I believe math is working on an endpoint module for rtmp, if my memory of
his cluecon presentation is correct.

On Aug 6, 2010 8:08 AM, "Dennis" <odermann at googlemail.com> wrote:

hi,

we are currently playing with streaming calls.

with fs and icecast (over mod_shout) it works quite well. the problem
is, that http-streaming to a website in conjuction with a flashplayer,
a lot of overhead is produced. therefore this is no optimal solution.

the best for streaming to a flashplayer embedded in a website are
rtmp-streams (which are also used by webradios). red5 is an open
source streaming server (written in java), which supports rtmp-streams
and mp3.

the problem seems to be, that fs "only" supports icecast and
shoutcast. we can not get fs to work with red5.

does someone have experiences with fs and red5 and can tell me, if
there might be a way to get it working? or are there any technical
issues, why this can't work?

thanks and kind regards
dennis