[Freeswitch-users] Caller ID on inbound calls on Polycom

Wellie Chao wchao at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 09:43:13 PDT 2010

I recently updated my FreeSWITCH installation from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6 and now
I see a strange behavior with caller ID on Polycom phones when handling
inbound calls.

Here is the scenario:

* Call is from 212-555-2222 (external number not on my softswitch)

* Call is to 212-555-1001 (number on my softswitch, extension 1001)

* extension 1001 is a Polycom phone (it's an IP301, but same problem
   occurs on other Polycom models such as the 501 and 601). SIP 3.1.4 and
   SIP 3.1.6 both affected. SIP 3.2.3 doesn't run on the IP301/501/601.

* on phone 1001, the caller ID will display 212-555-2222 while ringing.
   The moment I pick up, the display will change to "From: 1001" (referring
   to the extension of the phone itself).

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and does anyone know how to fix
it? It does not occur with the snom 320 (and I assume it does not occur
with any of the snom models based on extrapolation).

While the problem only started when I updated from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6, it's
entirely possible it's a configuration setting on the Polycom rather than
a FreeSWITCH issue. I'm not sure. Anyone have pointers about how to
resolve the problem (or even how to go about investigating the root
cause)?