[Freeswitch-users] SRTP on FreeSWITCH

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Apr 6 22:06:41 PDT 2010

SERGE TUMBA <serget68 at msn.com> wrote:

> I know that FreeSWITCH supports ZRTP but I would like to know if someone already tried to deploy SRTP on FreeSWITCH? If so, can I have the HOWTO describing this setup if any have been done?

 I tried it, but it exposed bugs in OpenSSL. Soon thereafter, ZRTP became
 available so I switched to that.

 If you want SRTP, you have to turn on TLS, make sure that both ends are using
 it, and enable SRTP in the SIP profile, if I remember correctly. ZRTP is
 better in my opinion; the only reason why you would want to use SRTP is for
 interoperability with end-points that support it, but not ZRTP - unless you
 have a public-key infrastructure in place that you want to use for some
 reason.