[Freeswitch-users] conference participant from behind NAT

RobertT siniypin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 01:32:28 PDT 2009

I am a bit confused with what's going on in a following scenario.

I have a public FS server with a public conference, that clients are
connecting to with my softphone. All of this softphones have STUN option
enabled and working, effectively resolving client's public IP address. They
also have ICE enabled (but I guess it's not relevant here, since FS doesn't
do ICE). Also, media trafic is secured with SRTP.

The problem is when one client connects from port-restricted NAT into a
conference he can hear sound for some time and he can be heard by other
participants, but after awhile sound is gone and neither he hear anything
nor he can be heard.
Where is the problem? Is it NAT, closing RTP port after some silence period
from client? I tried to start conference with waste flag, but without
success eventually.

The very same person can be contacted through this FS with direct call
(being established in proxy_media mode) without any problems, but this is
where ICE stuff starts doing its' "magic", I guess.

Maybe I should try the same with SRTP disabled? Any help would be
apreciated!

Best regards, Robert.